7th Grade Flyers Football Demolishes Milton 38-7

A light drizzle coated the Milton High School football field on Sunday, and gusts of wind periodically brushed against the field’s grass. This weather, along with the fact that players, fans, and coaches could see their breath after they exhaled in the chilly air, was a sign that the cold days of October had arrived.

Thankfully, this chilly October weather is a sign that football season is in full swing, and the 7th Grade Flyers Football team was eager to take the field in this weather on Sunday against the Milton Wildcats.

The Wildcats began the game with the ball, but they were promptly shut down by Framingham’s defense and turned over the ball on downs. The Flyers then stormed down the field with the help of several runs by quarterback Cody Coleman. Unfortunately, Framingham soon fumbled the ball at the Milton 5 yard line, giving the Wildcats another opportunity to score. Despite this, the Flyers refused to lose intensity and quickly forced a Milton fumble, regaining possession. This allowed the Flyers to put the first points on the board with a 2 yard touchdown run by Rodrigo Ramirez.

Later in the 1st quarter, Framingham once again forced Milton to turn over the ball on downs after a thundering sack by Kevin Rodriguez. This paved the way for Rodrigo Ramirez to score his 2nd touchdown of the day, extending Framingham’s lead to 12-0.

Framingham’s offensive explosion continued into the 2nd quarter, as the Flyers added 8 more points to their total with 9:11 left in the 1st half. Cody Coleman slipped through the hands of several Milton defenders to score on a 38 yard option play, and the Flyers also converted their subsequent 2 point kick. Later in the 2nd quarter, Timothy Sullivan had a key fumble recovery which ensured that Milton would not score in the 1st half. Sullivan, Damarion Perry, and Kavaun Smith played particularly well for Framingham’s defense during this dominant half.

Even though the Flyers led by a significant amount at the start of the 3rd quarter, they refused to turn off the gas that early in the game. On Framingham’s first play of the half, Coleman completed a screen pass to Antonio Rivera, who then sped down the sideline for a 53 yard touchdown. Soon after, the Flyers recovered a Milton fumble and took control of the ball at the Wilcats’ 27 yard line. This set up a 23 yard touchdown run by Kevin Branch, making the score 32-0 in favor of the Flyers.

Milton scored their first points of the game early in the 4th quarter on a 2 yard touchdown run, and this decreased the Flyers’ lead to 32-7. However, this did not slow down Framingham’s momentum, as Marcus O’Brien ran through the entire Milton defense late in the 4th quarter and scored on a 65 yard run. This would be the last touchdown of the game, and the Flyers won 38-7.

The Flyers have another game on the road next week when they travel to Walpole on Saturday, October 8.

After that, they play their final two regular season games of the year at home at Framingham State University.


Photo from a previous game this season, thanks to Petroni Media Company.

Leave a Reply