The Town of Framingham is advertising for a supervisor of branch services for the Framingham Public Library.
The full-time position would be “responsible for all branch library operations, including circulation, reference, children’s services, and programming.”
The position, which reports to the Framingham Library Director and or Assistant Library Director, requires some night work and a weekend rotation.
The salary range is $54,504.32 to $69,288.96.
The individual would supervise, schedule, train and evaluate all branch personnel, as well as ensure high-quality of service at the newly opened Christa McAuliffe Library Branch.
The individual would also:
- Collaborate with Main Library Acquisitions staff in selecting current adult circulating materials.
- Maintain and develop existing adult collections and manages materials budget.
- Supervise programming and community spaces at the Branch and collaborates with Main Library staff in delivering quality and relevant community programming.
- Plan, sets up, and maintains materials display.
- Stays current with developing technology as related to circulation and reference services.
- Promote library usage through community programming and interaction.
Applicants should have a Master’s Degree in Library Science, 3 years of public service experience, 3 years of progressively responsible experience in professional library position, one year supervisory experience, experience with automated library systems, with collection development experience preferred.
Applicants can apply at https://ess.framinghamma.gov/MSS/employmentopportunities/default.aspx