The library on Lexington Street had been closed since mid-October, after an electrical explosion caused more than $2 million worth of damage and injured two workers.
The library is hosting a huge summer celebration with the grand re-opening called “renewal@FPL.”
When you walk in the main library, patrons are asked to add a leaf to the library’s tree in the lobby, to say what they missed about the library, when it was closed for eight months.
Some of the leaves, already on the tree, say:
- The Librarians
- I missed all the books!
- Friends of the Library book sales (which will return on Saturday, June 18)
- I missed having a quiet place to read!
- I missed the free (no extra costs beyond my taxes) cultural center!
- You are within walking distance to our house
- Missed Thursday night lectures
- Missed the books
- Missed my second home
- Missed everything! So happy to be back!
Photos by Susan Petroni/Petroni Media Company ©2016. All Rights Reserved.