Framingham Assistant Fire Chief: ‘Sprinklers Save Lives’; Memorial House Fire Contained To 2 Apartments

FRAMINGHAM – There was minimal damage to the former Memorial Elementary School, after a fire started in one of the third-floor apartments yesterday, March 6, said Framingham Assistant Fire Chief Mike Dutcher.

Firefighters were called to the Memorial House, now senior apartment at 317 Hollis Street on Route 126, just after 1 p.m. yesterday for a fire.

The fire started in an apartment on the third floor, said Assistant Chief Dutcher.

“It was an accidental fire,” he said. “It started on the kitchen stove top.”

“The fire activated the sprinkler head,” said the assistant fire chief.

“Sprinklers save lives,” said Assistant Chief Dutcher. “And in this case, it also prevented more damage.”

The assistant fire chief said two apartments were damaged – the apartment where the fire started, plus the apartment underneath on the second floor, which sustained water damage.

“All other residents were allowed to return to their apartments,” he said.

Framingham Source Editor Susan Petroni

Susan Petroni Framingham Source Editor Email: Phone: 508-315-7176

Leave a Reply