1 Mayor Yvonne Spicer attended a meeting with the Framingham Business Association on Tuesday. It was the first time she had attended a meeting with the organization, comprised of small business owners in the City of Framingham. During the camapaign trail last year, she answered no to a mayoral debate they wanted to host between the two finalists for mayor.
Mayor Spicer Tweeted out this photo after the lunch.
2. Framingham Public Library is hosting an origami workshop at 4 p.m. todat led by Lucas Gustafson, a middle school student, who started the craft at age 6. He is a long-time member of the origami club at MIT.
In today’s workshop, participants will learn a few simple techniques that will enable them to fold the classic origami crane and create a string of colorful cranes to take home. In following meetings we will be folding a variety of animals and geometric shapes.
3. FLYERS in action:
- Framingham High girls ice hockey team is hosting Newton North at 4 p.m. at Loring Arena.
- Framingham High co-ed wrestling team is hosting Tigers of Newton North at 6 p.m. at the high school’s gym.
- Framingham High boys hockey team will travel to John Ryan arena for a 7 p.m. game against Newton North High School
4. MUSTANGS in action:
- The Marian High boys ice hockey team will host St. Bernards at Warrior Arena in Brighton at 7 p.m.
5. Framingham Planning Board is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 in the Memorial Building. It is the second of three Framingham Planning Board meetings this week. The Board is also scheduled to meet on Thursday, January 11 at 7 p.m.