FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham Public Schools is advertising for a parent involvement facilitator coordinator for the bilingual department.
The purpose of the position is to plan, implement, and oversee workshops/activities at the Framingham Public Schools for parents and families of bilingual student, including the Home Visits pilot program.
The part-time position pays $20 per hour. The position is a non-bargaining position for 19 hours per week.
The positions reports to the district’s bilingual director Gen Greci.
The individual would:
- Develop a plan for ways to assess the needs of incoming Bilingual parents at the Parent Information Center.
- Meet with incoming Bilingual parents at the Parent Information Center to assess their needs and interests.
- Explore and help disseminate community-based supports and services for Bilingual families.
- Visit schools to meet with school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators (PIFs) and build relationships with school leaders.
- Coordinate events at the district level and act as a resource for school level PIFs.
- Provide outreach to community groups in order to present to families on topics of identified interest.
- Implement and support the district plan for the home visit program, including collecting and analyzing data.
- Submit a quarterly report to the Bilingual Office and Title I grants office.
- Keep track of statistics on events such as: dates, topics, attendance, feedback, etc.
- Complete federal required paperwork
The individual would have at least a Bachelor’s Degree, be familiar with the Framingham area, and be bilingual and bicultural. Spanish and or Portuguese is strongly preferred.