1 Tonight grade 8 scholars at the Christa McAuliffe Charter School will present evidence to evaluate the role of human activities in raising global temperatures. The students explored weather patterns, climate, and ocean currents to figure out why Massachusetts had such a mild summer, yet the rest of the world was hotter than normal. The hour-long program begins at 6.
2. The Framingham Conservation Commission is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 in the Memorial Building in the Blumer room. On the agenda is a discussion of the new fire station on A Street and the proposed apartments on Franklin Street. Click here for the full agenda.
3. FLYERS in action:
- Tonight is the home opener for the Framingham High boys ice hockey team. Pucks drops at 7 at Loring Arena.
- Big win for the Framingham High boys basketball team last night in overtime. It was the first win for Coach Jason Gosselin as a Flyer.
- Wrestling team is on the road for a match tonight against the Mustangs of Norwood High.
- Girls basketball lost last night to Braintree.
- Girls ice hockey has an away game against Braintree High at 6 p.m.
- Framingham High gymnastics team lost to Newton North last night.
No Mustangs in action today.
4. Solistice Yoga at Open Spirit in Saxonville tonight. Inside the Sue Dickerman Hall at Edwards Church, Rev. Debbie Clark will lead this free event, that starts at 7:30 p.m.
“In this holiday season, it is easy to feel isolated, especially if you are grieving. Whatever is going on in your life, it is easy to become overwhelmed with busyness and forget to honor the natural rhythms of your body and our earth. Join us on the longest night of the year for an hour of gentle yoga, deep relaxation, and guided meditation. We will draw inspiration from a variety of spiritual traditions as we honor the wide range of emotions that are stirred this time of year, and as we point to the promise of the return of light and hope.”
5. Uno’s is hosting a fundraiser at MetroWest YMCA. A portion of all sales dine in or take out will go to the Y. Click here for a coupon to use.
BONUS: It’s wing Wednesday at SKYBOKX 109 Sports Bar & Grill. Wings are half price.