FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham City Council’s temporary rules committee plans to recommend seven subcommittees to the full City Council to adopt at its meeting next month.
The Committees are:
- Finance – 5 members
- Appointments – 5 members
- Economic Development – 5 members
- Rules – 3 members
- Education – 3 members
- Environment – 3 members
- Planning and Zoming – 3 members
The temporary rules committee is also recommending that the City Council approve the following rules for the subcommittees:
- Chair appoints all members of subcommittees
- Chair names the chair of each subcommittee
- Chair of each subcommittee appoints the vice chair, with the approval of the City Council chair
- Special subcomittees can be created by a majority vote of the City Council
- Issues for the subcommittees can be taken up upon referral from the City Council Chair or a majority of the full City Council
The temporary rules committee comprised of City Councilors George King, Judith Grove, and Pam Richardson met last week and plan to meet again on December 30, before presenting this temporary rules for the full City Council to vote upon.
The temporary rules committee also discussed how the members would sit at council meetings, a format for City Council meeting agendas, and suggested meeting dates.
The rules committee, appointed by City Council Chair Dennis Giombetti, will suggest the full City Council adopt meeting on the first and third Tuesday of each month, with meetings starting at 7 p.m.
The rules committee will also recommend that no new agenda item will begin at 10 p.m. with a 2/3rds vote of the full City Council present at any given meeting.
The full City Council is expected to hear a presentation on rules on Wednesday, December 6 at 7 p.m. in the Memorial Building.