“Our commitment to making Staples a more sustainable company is good for our business, our customers and the communities that we serve,” said Mark Buckley, Staples’ vice president of environmental affairs, in a press release. “Over the past fourteen years we have made a lot of progress towards developing Staples into a leader in environmental responsibility and our efforts have helped reduce waste and maximize energy efficiency within our daily business operations.”
As a result of its continued commitment toward sustainability, Staples has been recognized for its positive environmental practices. Recent highlights include:
- Sold more than $5.08 billion in products with environmental attributes, or 28 percent of our total product sales.
- Donated more than $11 million to non-profit organizations around the world.
- Recycled more than 48.8 million pounds of electronic waste and ink cartridges for customers.
- Earned an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award for the eighth year in a row.
- Currently offer more than 14,000 eco-conscious products.
Staples has its world-wide headquarters in Framingham.