FRAMINGHAM – Seven organizations have set up events in which voters can meet the two candidates for mayor.
Spicer has accepted the invitation of six of the events. Stefanini accepted all seven.
Voters will elect one of the two individuals to be the first mayor of the City of Framingham on November 7. Inauguration day is January 1.
The events are:
- Framingham Business Association on Wednesday, October 11 at 7 p.m. at La Cantina restaurant – Only mayoral candidate John Stefanini has accepted.
- Framingham Coming Together on Thursday, Oct. 19 at the Greater Framingham Community Church at 6:30 p.m. – Both mayoral candidates Yvonne Spicer and Stefanini have accepted. This event is free and the public can attend.
- Temple Beth Am Brotherhood breakfast on Sunday, Oct. 22 at 9 a.m. – Both mayoral candidates have accepted. There is a fee to attend this event.
- Framingham Democratic Town Committee on Sunday, Oct. 22 – both candidates have accepted. Only democrats can speak at the event.
- League of Women Voters Framingham Chapter’s showcase at the Memorial Building on Saturday, Oct. 28 – Both mayoral candidates have accepted. This event is free and the public can attend.
- Heritage at Framingham will have a Meet Your Mayor event on Nov. 1 at 6;30 p.m. Both candidates will have uninterrupted time to speak followed by a Q&A with the crowd, according to organizers. This event is free and the public can attend.
- MetroWest Chamber of Commerce breakfast on Thursday, Nov. 2 at 7:30 a.m. at Ken’s Steak House. – Both mayoral candidates have accepted.