FRAMINGHAM – The following is a list of road construction projects in the Town of Framingham for the week of October 2.
The projects are a combo of Framingham DPW, MassDOT, and utility projects.
All work is weather permitting.
- Concord Street: Eversource will be performing gas main work between Gorman Road and Hartford Street. Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained. Expect minimal delays.
- Cedar Street, Charles Street, and Whitney Ave: expect moderate delays as utility improvements are made overnight between 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Hastings Street and Pitt Road: One lane alternating traffic will be in effect on Hastings Road and Pitt Road as the Water Department performs utility work.
- Hollis Street: Expect moderate delays as crews perform curb and sidewalk work. Finishing pave is scheduled for the night of Wed., October 4.
- Indian Head Heights: Expect minor delays in the area as increased truck traffic will result from concrete work on the new water tank. Indian Head Heights will be closed during the work hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Irving Street: Expect minor delays as Eversource performs gas main installation.
- Mt. Wayte Avenue: One lane of traffic in each direction will be permitted, with jersey barriers on the roadway, as the contractor begins phase III of the project.
- Shawmut Terrace, Ditullio Drive, Hancock Lane, Little Farms Road: test pit and erosion control work will cause minimal traffic impacts to these areas.
- South Street and East Street: Expect significant delays as roadway improvements are scheduled for this week. Please follow detour signage.
- Speen Street and Cochituate Road: Expect minor delays as crews perform miscellaneous tasks prior to project completion. Work will be overnight (8 p.m. to 5 a.m.) on Monday and Tuesday. No work Wednesday and day work on Thursday and Friday.
- Union Avenue: Phase 3 traffic management plan will be in place. Crews will be working between Mount Wayte Avenue and Walnut Street. Two way local traffic will be permitted between Mount Wayte Avenue and Main Street. Vehicular traffic coming from Mount Wayte Ave going to Union Ave will cross over Union Ave to Buckminster St., down Walnut St, and back to Union Ave. Large trucks will still need to travel down Franklin St. and cut over to Union Ave via Melrose St.
- Waverly Street: Expect minor delays along Waverly Street, as roadway improvements will continue to be made during the day. Police detail officers will be on site to facilitate safe travel where necessary.
- Western Avenue: Expect significant delays in the area as paving will take place on Tuesday and Thursday.