FRAMINGHAM – This is the last week of September and below is a list of where motorists will encounter road construction projects.
Work is from MassDOT, the Town of Framingham, and utility companies.
All work is weather permitting.
- Concord Street: Eversource will be performing gas main work between Gorman Rd and Hartford Street. Mon.-Fri. between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained. Expect minimal delays.
- Dudley Road: Expect minimal traffic impacts as crews perform a comprehensive site assessment.
- Hastings Street And Pitt Road: One lane alternating traffic will be in effect on Hastings Road and Pitt Road as the Water Department performs utility work.
- Hollis Street: Expect moderate delays as crews perform curb and sidewalk work.
- Indian Head Heights: Expect minor delays in the area as increased truck traffic will result from concrete work on the new water tank.
- Irving Street: Expect minor delays as Eversource performs gas main installation.
- Mt. Wayte Avenue: One lane of traffic in each direction will be permitted, with jersey barriers on the roadway, as the contractor begins phase III of the project.
- Shawmut Terrace, Ditullio Drive, Hancock Lane, Little Farms Road: test pit and erosion control work will cause minimal traffic impacts to these areas.
- South Street and East Street: Expect significant delays as roadway improvements are scheduled for this week, as well as Saturday, Sept. 30.
- Speen Street and Cochituate Road: Expect minor delays as crews perform miscellaneous tasks prior to project completion. Work will be over night Sun.-Thurs. 8:00pm-5:00am.
- Union Avenue: Phase 3 traffic management plan will be in place. Crews will be working between Mount Wayte Avenue and Walnut Street. Two way local traffic will be permitted between Mount Wayte Avenue and Main Street. Vehicular traffic coming from Mount Wayte Ave going to Union Ave will cross over Union Ave to Buckminster St., down Walnut St, and back to Union Ave. Large trucks will still need to travel down Franklin St. and cut over to Union Ave via Melrose St.
- Waverly Street: Expect minor delays along Waverly Street, as roadway improvements will continue to be made during the day. Police detail officers will be on site to facilitate safe travel where necessary.