1 The Town of Framingham’s Division of Community and Economic Development and the Metrowest Chamber of Commerce are hosting a discussion on the burgeoning Life Sciences Sector in Framingham and the Metrowest region today from 7:30 to 10 a.m. at the Sheraton in Framingham. Click here for more details.
2. The Framingham Library’s Sci-Fi book club is hosting a book discussion and movie screening tonight at the main Framingham Public Library starting at 6.
In celebration of the October release of the sequel to Blade Runner, the group will discuss Philip K. Dick’s classic novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick, followed by a screening of Blade Runner, based on the book. Popcorn and beverages served.
3. There are several PTO and school events scheduled for tonight. They include:
- Fuller Middle School open house from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Hemenway PTO at 6:30 p.m.
- Dunning curriculum night for grades K-2
- Stapleton Elementary PTO at 7.
- Framingham High College and Career Night at 7.
- BLOCKS PTO at 7:30
4. FLYERS in action:
- Golf team travels to Natick for a match at 3:45 p.m.
- Girls soccer travels to Newton for a game at 3:45 p.m. against the Tigers
- Boys soccer host Newton North for a game at 3:45 p.m. at Framingham High
- Girls field hockey has its home opener against Newton North at 3:45 p.m. at Phil Read Field.
- Boys Cross-Country has its opener today on the road in Weymouth
- Girls Cross-Country has its opener today on the road in Weymouth
- Girls volleyball travels to Newton for a match against the Tigers of Newton North at 4 p.m.
MUSTANGS in action:
- Marian High volleyball hosts Pope John at 4 p.m.
5. The inaugural MetroWest Conference for Women kicks off tonight with a sold out VIP reception. Thursday, more than 500 women will be attending the conference at the Sheraton hotel.