FRAMINGHAM – The following is road construction projects in Framingham the week of Sept 10.
All work is weather permitting.
Projects include Town of Framingham, MassDOT, and utility work.
- CONCORD STREET: Eversource will be performing gas main work between Gorman Rd and Hartford Street. Mon.-Fri. between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained. Expect minimal delays.
- DUDLEY ROAD: Expect minimal traffic impacts as crews perform a comprehensive site assessment.
- EDMANDS ROAD/EDGELL ROAD/WATER STREET: Expect a moderate traffic impact as crews will be performing soil work in the area of the intersection where the three roadways meet.
- HASTINGS STREET AND PITT ROAD: One lane alternating traffic will be in effect on Hastings Road and Pitt Road as the Water Department performs work.
- HOLLIS STREET: Expect moderate delays as crews perform curb and sidewalk work.
- INDIAN HEAD HEIGHTS: Expect minor delays in the area as increased truck traffic will result from concrete work being done on the new water tank.
- IRVING STREET: Expect minor delays as Eversource performs gas main installation.
- MT WAYTE AVENUE: One lane of traffic in each direction will be permitted, with jersey barriers on the roadway, as the contractor begins phase III of the project.
- RT 126 RECONSTRUCTION: Concord St, Hollis St, Union Ave, Irving St and Waverly St. travelers will experience minor, isolated traffic impacts Mon-Fri between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., as crews perform sidewalk and traffic signal work. Sidewalks and parking spaces in the area will be impacted.
- SHAWMUT TERRACE AND DITULLIO DRIVE: test pit and survey work will cause minimal traffic impacts to the areas.
- SPEEN STREET AND COCHITUATE ROAD: Expect minor traffic delays as overnight utility improvements are being made. The construction will run Sunday-Thursday from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.. Police detail officers will be on site.
- UNION AVENUE UTILITY PROJECT: Phase 3 traffic management plan will be in place. Crews will be working between Mount Wayte Avenue and Walnut Street. Two way local traffic will be permitted between Mount Wayte Avenue and Main Street. Vehicular traffic coming from Mount Wayte Ave going to Union Ave will cross over Union Ave to Buckminster St., down Walnut St, and back to Union Ave. Large trucks will still need to travel down Franklin St. and cut over to Union Ave via Melrose St.
- WAVERLY STREET: Expect minor delays along Waverly Street, as roadway improvements will continue to be made during the day. Police detail officers will be on site to facilitate safe travel where necessary.
- WINTER STREET BRIDGE AT FOUNTAIN STREET: The Winter Street Bridge is closed as construction of a new bridge is underway; a detour for this area is in effect. Please allow extra travel time in the area.