FRAMINGHAM – It’s almost time for school to start, but construction is still in full swing in Framingham.
Below is a list of Framingham Construction projects for the week of August 21, including Town of Framingham, MASSDOT, and utility projects.
All projects are weather permitting.
- CONCORD STREET: Eversource will be performing gas main work between Gorman Rd and Hartford Street. Mon.-Fri. between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained. Expect minimal delays.
- DOWNTOWN COMMON IMPROVEMENTS: Expect minor delays as crews continue to pour concrete for the new sidewalk along the perimeter of the Common. Intermittent restriction of parking on Park St. as concrete for sidewalks is poured. Additionally, the sidewalk along Franklin St. will be closed.
- EDMANDS ROAD- Surveying will be taking place early this week near the Southborough town line. Expect minor traffic impacts.
- GUILD ROAD/WAUSHAKUM BLVD: Expect minor traffic delays as sewer improvements are made in the area. Police detail officers will be on site.
- INDIAN HEAD HEIGHTS: One lane of traffic will be permitted on Indian Head Road, and Indian Head Road will be closed during working hours, 7:00am-5:00pm, due to drainage installation and utility work. Access will be granted to emergency vehicles only.
- MT WAYTE AVENUE: One lane of traffic in each direction will be permitted, with jersey barriers on the roadway, as the contractor begins phase III of the project.
- RT 126 RECONSTRUCTION: Concord St, Hollis St, Union Ave, Irving St and Waverly St. travelers will experience minor, isolated traffic impacts Mon-Fri between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. as crews perform sidewalk and traffic signal work. Sidewalks and parking spaces in the area will be impacted.
- SPEEN STREET AND COCHITUATE ROAD: Expect minor traffic delays as overnight utility improvements are being made. The construction will run Sunday-Thursdayfrom 8pm to 5am. Police detail officers will be on site.
- UNION AVENUE UTILITY PROJECT: Traffic traveling both north and southbound will now be permitted on Union Ave from the Sudbury River Bridge to Main Street. Vehicular traffic coming from Mount Wayte Ave going to Union Ave will cross over Union Ave to Buckminster St., down Walnut St, and back to Union Ave. Large trucks will still need to go down Franklin St. and cut over to Union Ave from Melrose St.
- WAVERLY STREET: Expect moderate delays along Waverly Street, as roadway improvements will continue to be made during the day. Police detail officers will be on site to facilitate safe travel.
- WINTER STREET BRIDGE AT FOUNTAIN STREET: The Winter Street Bridge is closed as construction of a new bridge is underway; a detour for this area is in effect. Please allow extra travel time in the area.