FRAMINGHAM – Framingham Public Schools began advertising for a part-time choreographer this week for its high school production of Mary Poppins.
Fine and Performing Arts Director Donna Wresinski would hire the choreographer, who would be paid up to $3,250 in a stipend, under the Framingham Teachers Association Unit A Contract.
The choreographer would work a minimum of 2 days per week for 1-3 hours per day for a minimum of 9 weeks. There is some occasional weekend work too.
The award-winning Framingham High School Drama Company will stage multiple performances of Mary Poppins over two weeks in November 2017.
The job description includes:
- Works in conjunction with Stage Director and Vocal Director
- Participates in auditions and prepares appropriate audition routine
- Assists with casting
- Works with Stage Director and Vocal Director to build a dance ensemble as appropriate
- Trains a student dance captain as appropriate
- Schedules dance rehearsals for the start of the rehearsal process with Stage Director
- Attends at least one run through of the show (acts) before tech week to integrate the dances into the show. Communicates with Stage Director to effectively choreograph for success
- Prepares dance sequences as neeeded and edits for student success
- Assists with behavior management
- Works in conjunction with the Artistic Stage Director, Conductor and Vocal Director on tempo and dynamics.
- Trains students in Musical Theater dance for the rigor of a musical score.
- Sitzprobe rehearsal in conjunction with the Stage Director, Conductor and Vocal Director.
- Present at all performances and tech week rehearsals to provide a transition between rehearsals and performance.
- Works in conjunction with the Artisitic staff on the strike and resetting of the theater and theater spaces folowing a production.
- Communicates effectively with the custodial staff at the building as needed
- Communicates effectively to provide a positive, safe and educational experience for students and a high quality performance for the school and Framingham community
Applications are online only. To apply visit: https://framingham.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx