FRAMINGHAM – Firefighters rescued four pets from a smoldering fire today, August 15.
At 1:46 p.m., Framingham Fire Department was called to 4 Corregidor Road for a “smoldering fire,” said Framingham Deputy Chief Mark Leporati.
Rescue 1, led by Framingham Fire Lt. Kevin Sullivan, along with firefighters Mike Burnes and Ted Lima saved four pets from the smoke, said the Deputy Chief.
Rescued was 2 cats, a dog, and an iguana.
The “fire started in the Iguana’s aquarium, by a heat lamp that fell into it,” said Deputy Chief Leporati.
The fire was quickly extinguished with a 5 gallon water can, said the deputy fire chief.
The home is livable. There was a little water and smoke damage. The occupants were allowed back in about an hour.
There were no injuries, said the deputy fire chief.
Photos courtesy of the Framingham Fire Department