FRAMINGHAM – The Callahan Center is Framingham is hiring a part-time customer service representative.
The position is from 12 to 18.5 hours per week and pays $13 an hour.
The job is clerical and customer service in nature.
The individual would maintain the front office reception desk and report to the Callahan Center Assistant Director.
• Greet and welcome visitors to the Callahan Center with a pleasant demeanor, answer questions and direct them as needed.
• Be familiar on a daily basis with all scheduled events in the building.
• Answer and screen incoming calls for a four-line phone system before transferring the calls and/or directing them to voicemail or taking a message.
• Assist new participants and members of Friends of Callahan with completing forms and using the touch-screen for MySeniorCenter database.
• Maintain folders of all programs being offered and register participants while collecting fees, if needed.
• Update MySeniorCenter database with participant information and attendances at events.
• Schedule appointments for various services and make reminder calls for these appointments, the day prior to the appointment.
• Check-in participants at exercise activities and events, as needed.
• In the absence of a Tour Desk volunteer, take new participants on tours of the Center.
• Contact participants as needed in the event of cancellations or early closing of the Center.
• Perform other related duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Individuals should have the ability to maintain composure and pleasant demeanor while multi-tasking with frequent interruptions. Applicants should also have experience with MS Word and Excel and well versed in data entry and the ability to work with minimal supervision, on a day to day basis and be willing to assist all visitors as needed.
The position was posted on July 27, 2017.