FRAMINGHAM – This is the last week of school Framingham Public School students. Click here for when is the last day. So while there will be less buses on the roads by week’s end, don’t expect less road construction.
The Winter Street bridge is still closed.
Below is road construction scheduled for this week, weather permitting:
- ANNUAL ROADWAY PROGRAM: Expect minimal traffic delays as crews will be performing structure adjustments, which will affect Belknap Rd, Blackberry Ln, and the surrounding areas.
- CONCORD STREET: Eversource will be performing gas main work between Gorman Rd and Hartford Street. Mon.-Fri. between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained. Expect minimal delays.
- DOWNTOWN COMMON IMPROVEMENTS: Expect minor delays as crews will begin excavation work around perimeter of the common. Additionally, the sidewalk along Franklin St. will be closed.
- DUDLEY ROAD: Expect minimal traffic impacts between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, as crews complete final work on the Dudley Road Multi-Use Recreation Path Project.
- ELMFIELD ROAD AND GRIFFIN ROAD: Roadway milling and paving will take place next week. Police detail officers will be on site to facilitate traffic. Expect minimal delays.
- INDIAN HEAD HEIGHTS: Minimal traffic impacts expected as construction vehicles enter and exit the roadway.
- IRVING STREET: One lane alternating traffic will be in place from Western Avenue to Leland Street, as gas main work will be performed. Also, scaffolding work will be done and will affect the stretch of Irving Street from Hollis St. to Columbia St., one lane alternating traffic.
- LANEWOOD AVE AND WAVENEY ROAD: Detour in effect while test pits are conducted on Wednesday 6/21 and Thursday 6/22. Expect minor delays.
- MT WAYTE AVENUE: Deck repairs on the bridge on Mt. Wayte Ave will be done at night between 7:30 p.m. to 4 a.m.. Minimal delays are expected as a result.
- RT 126 RECONSTRUCTION: Concord St, Hollis St, Union Ave, Irving St and Waverly St. travelers will experience minor, isolated traffic impacts Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. as crews perform sidewalk and traffic signal work. Sidewalks and parking spaces in the area will be impacted.
- SOUTH OF WAVERLY STREET: Various sites south of Waverly Street between the downtown area and the Ashland town line will have sewer improvements performed. Parking restrictions will be posted, and potential traffic disruptions near the work zone may be experienced when work is conducted. Police detail officers will be on site as necessary.
- SPEEN STREET AND COCHITUATE ROAD: Expect minor traffic delays as overnight utility improvements are being made. The construction will run Sunday-Thursday from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.. Police details will be on site.
- UNION AVENUE UTILITY PROJECT: Construction Phase I will be in effect. Northbound traffic on Union Ave is permitted, southboundtraffic will be detoured down Franklin Street. Large trucks are not permitted to take a left at Mt. Wayte Ave and must continue to Melrose St. for access to Union Ave.
- WAVERLY STREET: Expect moderate to significant delays along Waverly Street, as roadway improvements will be made. Police detail officers will be on site.