FRAMINGHAM – The last Town of of Framingham Memorial Day ceremony is scheduled for Monday, May 29. Next year, it will be the City of Framingham’s Memorial Day Ceremony.
This year’s guest speaker is Courtney Thraen, the new executive director of Framingham Downtown Renaissance.
Lieutenant Thraen, USN, served as a Division Officer – Engineering/Auxiliaries and as a Department Head – Navigator and Administration Officer aboard the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer, USS MOMSEN. She has also served as a department head, Professor of Naval Science at Massachusetts Maritime Academy.
The events kick off at 11 a.m. inside the Memorial Building.
The schedule is as follows:
- 11 a.m.Parade of Veterans and Scouts.
- 11:10 a.m.Presentation of Colors: Framingham Firefighters, Local 1652
- National Anthem: Charlie Rousseau’s Sound Truck
- Pledge of Allegiance: Scouts
- 11:15 a.m. Opening Remarks: Framingham Veterans Service Officer Peter Harvell
- 11:17 a.m. Invocation: Veteran’s Chaplin Robert Anspach
- 11:20 a.m. Politicians
- 11:28 a.m. Singing of “America the Beautiful”
- 11:30a.m. Guest Speaker: Courtney Thraen
- 11:35 a.m. Presentation of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Medals of Liberty.
- Medals are presented to Gold Star Family members of Service Personnel Killed In
- Action or who have Died of Wounds.
- 11:45 a.m. Singing “This Land is your Land” Charlie Rousseau’s Sound Truck
- 11:50 a.m. Benediction: Veteran’s Chaplin Robert Anspach
- 11:52 a.m. Retire Colors: Framingham Firefighters, Local 1652
- 11:55 a.m. Taps: Charlie Rousseau’s Sound Truck
- 11:55 Benediction Robert Anspach
- 11:57 a.m. Retire Colors Framingham Firefighters, Local 1652
- 12:00 TAPS Charlie Rousseau’s Sound Truck