1 The Town of Framingham will be re-surfacing Belknap road. Click here for maps of the detours.
2. Starting yesterday, the Framingham Library began installing new carpet on the third floor of the main library. Today, the public computers on the third floor ONLY will not be available, during these renovations.
“We will not close during this process, although certain parts of our collection and services may be unavailable for brief periods of time as we complete the project,” said Assistant Library Director Lena Kilburn.
3. MetroWest’s growing craft beverages industry will be showcased and celebrated at MetroWest on Tap, a unique brewfest tonight from 6 to 9 at the Longfellow’s Wayside Inn event tent in Sudbury. A program of the MetroWest Visitors Bureau, MetroWest on Tap will feature the region’s five breweries and one hard cidery, who will pour samples and chat informally about their techniques and innovations. Participating breweries are Battle Road (Maynard), Cold Harbor (Westborough), CraftRoots (Milford), Exhibit A (Framingham), Jack’s Abby (Framingham), and Start Line (Hopkinton). Lookout Farm (Natick) will participate to represent the region’s hard cider industry.
In addition to beverages samples, guests will enjoy dinner stations set up throughout the tent offering upscale pub food. Two, 12-ounce craft beverages are included in the ticket price; wine, liquor, and soft drinks will be available. Attendees at this exclusive event (limited to 200) will also enjoy a live music performance by State Rep. Jeff Roy (D-Franklin) and his band, Ben Gardner’s Boat. Hopkinton-based Steve Spector will also perform live with his trio. Tickets are still available. Click here for more details.
4. The Framingham Library is hosting a 75-minute workshop on Composting tonight at 7. Mike Croci and Brigitte Griffin will lead Composting To Combat Climate Change, a collaborative workshop where we explore many aspects of composting with a focus on the environmental impact of putting compostable material back into our soil instead of landfills. They will:
* Explain what compost is and how the breakdown process is different in a healthy compost system vs. in a landfill
* Give tips and techniques for how to set up a home composting system.
* Ealk about compost maintenance and use of the end product.
* Txplain about current community composting options and possible town wide options for the future.
5. FLYERS in action:
- Girls lacrosse hosts Brookline at 3:45 p.m. at Phil Read Field
- Softball hosts Weymouth at 3:45 p.m.
- Baseball hosts Wellesley at 3:45 p.m.
- Boys lacrosse travels to Brookline for a 4 p.m. game