2. Framingham High will host its annual spring Pops concert tonight at 7. The public is invited to the high school’s auditorium to hear the Madrigals chorus, Concert choir, the high school’s co-ed A Capella group, Show choir, the concert band and the high school’s orchestra perform. No admission fee, but donations welcome.
3. Framingham Veterans Council is scheduled to meet tonight at 5:15 in the Conference room at the Memorial Building. Click here for the agenda, which includes a discussion on the upcoming Memorial Day ceremony.
Many of the Veterans Council members were at Edgell Grove Cemetery with Framingham Veterans Agent Peter Harvell on Saturday when the largest volunteer crowd placed more than 2,000 flags on Veterans graves.
4. Since 1995, Ted Reinstein has been a reporter for Boston’s WCVB-TV’s Chronicle, the nation’s longest-running locally-produced nightly newsmagazine. His first book, New England Notebook: One Reporter, Six States, Uncommon Stories, was released in 2013. In 2016, Ted’s second book, Wicked Pissed: New England’s Most Famous Feuds was released. His third book, all about New England’s iconic general stores will be released this fall.
Tonight he will speak at the Framingham Public Library from 7 to 8 p.m. at the main Framingham Library.
5. FLYERS in action:
- Baseball hosts Weymouth at Bowditch field’s diamong at 3:45 p.m.
- Girls tennis has an away match in Wellesley at 3:45 p.m.
- Boys tennis hosts Wellesley at 3:45 p.m. at Framingham High
- Softball travels to Weymouth for a 3:45 p.m. game against the Wildcats
- Boys vollyeball travels to Newton North High for a match against The Tigers at 4 p.m.