FRAMINGHAM – Weather permitting, below are the scheduled road construction projection in Framinghm the week of May 15.
The Winter Street Bridge is still closed, and will be through “late 2017,” accoring to MassDOT.
- ANNUAL ROADWAY PROGRAM: Expect significant traffic delays as crews will be performing a rubber chip seal application, which will affect Belknap Rd, Blackberry Ln, and the surrounding areas.
- CONCORD STREET: Eversource will be performing gas main work between Aberdeen and Gordman roads. Mon.-Fri. between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained. Expect minimal delays.
- DOWNTOWN COMMON IMPROVEMENTS: Expect minor delays as crews will begin excavation work around perimeter of the common. Additionally, the sidewalk along Franklin St. will be closed.
- DUDLEY ROAD: Minimal traffic impacts are expected between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, as crews perform excavation and grading work on the Dudley Road Multi-Use Recreation Path Project.
- IRVING STREET: One lane alternating traffic will be in place from Western Avenue to Leland Street, as gas main work will be performed.
- MT WAYTE AVENUE: Deck repairs on the bridge on Mt. Wayte Ave will be done at night between 7:30 p.m. and 4 a.m. Minimal delays are expected as a result.
- RT 126 RECONSTRUCTION: Concord St, Hollis St, Union Ave, Irving St and Waverly St. travelers will experience minor, isolated traffic impacts Mon-Fri between 7:00am and 3:00pm, as crews perform sidewalk and traffic signal work. Sidewalks and parking spaces in the area will be impacted.
- UNION AVENUE UTILITY PROJECT: Construction Phase I will be in effect. Northbound traffic on Union Ave is permitted, southbound traffic will be detoured down Franklin Street. Large trucks are not permitted to take a left at Mt. Wayte Ave and must continue to Melrose St. for access to Union Ave.
- WAVERLY STREET: Expect moderate to significant delays from the Natick town line to South Street, as the roadway is being milled and paved, as well as curb and ramp work.