FRAMINGHAM – Next week is school vacation week, but road construction projects will be in full swing.
And don’t forget the Winter Street bridge is still closed until “late 2017.”
A couple of the projects will not start until Tuesday, due to Marathon Monday.
All road work is weather permitting.
Check out the projects below:
- UNION AVENUE UTILITY PROJECT: Construction Phase I will be in effect. Northbound traffic on Union Ave is permitted, southbound traffic will be detoured down Franklin Street. Large trucks are not permitted to take a left at Mt. Wayte Ave and must continue to Melrose St. for access to Union Ave.
- FOUNTAIN STREET: One lane alternating traffic will be in effect in front of Loring Arena between 8 and 5 p.m. on Tuesday, April 18 and Wednesday, April 19, as crews install new water/sewer connections. Minimal traffic impacts.
- WAVERLY STREET: One lane alternating traffic will be in effect in the area of 596 Waverly Street between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., as gas main work will be done. Expect moderate delays.
- RT 126 RECONSTRUCTION: Concord St, Hollis St, Union Ave, Irving St and Waverly St. travelers will experience minor, isolated traffic impacts Mon-Fri between 7:00am and 3:00pm, as crews perform sidewalk and traffic signal work. Sidewalks and parking spaces in the area will be impacted.
- ANNUAL ROADWAY PROGRAM: Expect minimum to moderate traffic delays as highway crews prepare roadway for restoration and adjust castings, which will affect Belknap Rd, Blackberry Ln, and the surrounding areas.
- CONCORD STREET: Eversource will be performing gas main work between Aberdeen Rd and Gorman Rd. Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.Two lanes of traffic will be maintained. Expect minimal delays.
- ELMFIELD ROAD & GRIFFIN ROAD: Minor traffic delays expected Mon-Fri between 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., as loam and seed will be restored to properties in the area, as well as curbing and sidewalk work on Griffin Road.
- DOWNTOWN COMMON IMPROVEMENTS: Expect minor delays as crews will be installing a temporary fence around the common. Additionally, the sidewalk along Franklin St. will be closed.