Each weekend, Framingham Source Editor Susan Petroni will make picks for things to do. Below are her picks for Saturday, January 28.
- 1,000 BOOKS BEFORE KINDERGARTEN: Both Framingham Libraries kick off its new program 1, 000 books before Kindergarten today. Come register Attendees will receive a free book bag. The event is from 11 a.m. to noon
- RAW BAR & BEER: The Shuck Food Truck will bring a raw bar of oysters, shrimp cocktail, clams, etc to Exhibit A Brewing Company today from noon to 4 p.m.
- TASTE OF COMPASSION: Open Spirit in Saxonville will host a “Taste of Compassion” today from 1 to 2 p.m. Come taste an exciting array of creative and delicious vegan dishes. Talk to the chefs and get some new recipes to add to your repertoire. Gluten-free options available. Suggested donation $5.
- HOCKEY AT LORING: Framingham High boys ice hockey team will host the Rockets of Needham High today at 5 p.m. Go Flyers!
- LIVE MUSIC: The John Funkhouser Quartet will perform at Amazing Things Arts Center in downtown Framingham tonight at 8. Tickets are $18, $17 for students and seniors, $15 for members, and $9 for children under age 12.
BONUS: Kumon Math & Reading Center is holding its grand opening in Ashland today. The event is from noon to 3 p.m. at 134 Pond Street. There is a magic show at 12:30 p.m. There is also face painting, balloon twisting and more.