FRAMINGHAM — Framingham State University is advertising for a part-time assistant men’s basketball coach for the 2016-17 season.
The Rams are a Division III team in the Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference.
The deadline to apply is November 1.
The primary responsibility of this position is “instructing student athletes in the rules and fundamentals of the sport of basketball.”
Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree, but a master’s degree is preferred. Candidates should have 1-2 years of coaching and/or playing experience, and be available evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Candidates should have “strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences (i.e., students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, administration and community).”
The assistant men’s basketball coach would:
- Assist the head coach with all aspects of teaching skills and strategies for the sport of men’s basketball during practice and games in the traditional and non-traditional seasons.
- Provide individual instruction in the sport of basketball with special attention to the offensive and defensive schemes used by Framingham State.
- Assist the head coach in the creation of individual plans, while adhering to all NCAA bylaws.
- Assist the head coach with student-athlete welfare, physical health, team concepts and safety.
- Assist the head coach in coordinating team logistics with Athletic Department staff and other support personnel such as managers, scorekeepers, etc.
- Adhere to and support all rules, conditions and regulations as set forth by Framingham State University, Conference affiliations and the National Collegiate Athletic Association pertaining to all aspects of the team’s management.
- Serves as designated Title IX Responsible Employee and Campus Security Authority.
- Assist the head coach in developing and implementing a comprehensive recruiting plan.